[one-users] 4.8 with vSphere single node datastores

Stan Yarbrough stan.yarbrough at oriontech.com
Mon Sep 15 04:26:53 PDT 2014

I've just finished putting together a lab/POC with a single node and a few 5.5 hosts.  I have mounted the NFS datastores 0 and 1 on each host and ssh is working.  The hosts have status "on" etc.  However, the datastores appear empty and VMs will not instantiate.  I guess I do not really understand why these datastores are set to /vmfs/volumes and are also mounted.  Perhaps I am mixing methods.  I would like to use the esx datastores only and the front end just for staging.

I've tried the ssh transfer method and the vmfs method.  Neither seems to work and I'm getting cert prompts on the terminal console.  I've checked ssh with one admin and it logs into esx without issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stan
Orion Tech