[one-users] Running Opennebula on AWS

Valentin Bud valentin.bud at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 06:55:48 PDT 2014

Hello Xiyi Zhu,

I have just created and tested an OpenNebula AMI running on Ubuntu 14.04.

Might be the same as the official OpenNebula AWS sandbox [1]. I don't know
if they are the same, I have never tried it. I will when I have time and
rebuild
the AMI to reflect the official one.

The AMI name is OpenNebula-4.8-Ubuntu-Trusty - ami-634b0453. The AMI
is in us-west-2 (Oregon).

The deployment uses the ttylinux.raw image from OpenNebula, a simple
template to launch that image and a default network.

The localhost is created with onehost create -i kvm -v kvm -n dummy
localhost.

The network is the libvirt default network on bridge virbr0.

You can access Sunstone at <AWS PUBLIC DNS>:9869

[1]: http://opennebula.org/tryout/sandboxaws/

Enjoy. Best,
Valentin