[one-users] Running Opennebula on AWS

XIYI ZHU zhuxiyi at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 18:20:33 PDT 2014

Hello,

My name is Xiyi Zhu. I work for Dev Support department. I
have some customer asked about using OpenNebula on AWS. Here is the link they
followed:

http://opennebula.org/tryout/sandboxaws/

However, the AMI you provided is instance-store AMIs. Do you
guys provide any EBS back AMIs since the root volume of instance-store AMIs is
10G, fixed? If you do, please provide me the AMI IDs and the region they are
in.

If not, you have any a way to convert instance-store AMIs to
EBS AMI that work for Opennubela? I tried the procedure that AWS has. The web
interface works after the conversion is done, it couldn’t start the VMs. It
works if it was in instance-store root volume.  Or you can provide some instruction
that install opennebula in EC2 instance, especially for CentOS or Ubuntu?

Thank you