[one-users] context package: network restart issue in Debian

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Wed Oct 1 09:56:20 PDT 2014

This can probably be caused because after save the network
configuration is already generated and the next time that network stop
is not working. Can you check that using the same method as ubuntu
makes it work? If this is correct I can modify the context packages
accordingly.

Thanks

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Olivier Sallou <olivier.sallou at irisa.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> we face some issues with the network restart on Debian with the
> 00-network script.
> The issue occurs after an image save and a start of the new image, not
> at first boot.
>
> The "network stop" fails.
>
> In the 00-network script, there is a test  if [ ... "ubuntu"], to apply
> ifup/ifdown commands.
> Here is a relative revision (maybe ot the only one):
> http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/opennebula/repository/revisions/ff682025003d7ad1759aad838798c05636e2bb08
>
> It seems that networking restart is not recommended (and deprecated) in
> Debian either. As ifup/ifdown is "generic", why not applying this
> modification to both Ubuntu and Debian ? It seems that in some cases,
> the networking restart does not work either in Debian.
>
> Thanks
>
> Olivier
>
> --
>
> gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
> Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438

Javier Fontán Muiños
Developer
www.OpenNebula.org | @OpenNebula | github.com/jfontan