[one-users] SSH and NFS

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Thu Oct 2 08:03:56 PDT 2014

Hi Manuel,

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Manuel Alfonso López Rourich <
alfonso.lopez at cenits.es> wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> I've configure a slave zone with four hosts by using this manual (in one
> of them I've installed the local frontend):
>

> http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/design_and_installation/quick_starts/qs_ubuntu_kvm.html
>
> I have one doubt: since I have to export /var/lib/one from the frontend to
> the other hosts with NFS, the ssh key of onedmin is also exported to the
> other three hosts and they will have the same ssh key. Is this correct? It
> is a bit strange to me.
>
> Couldn't I export all /var/lib/one without exporting .ssh directory?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Best regards

If you don't want to share the private ssh key, you can export
/var/lib/one/datastores only. But in this case step 1.5 will not have any
effect, and you will need to manually configure each host in order to allow
the oneadmin user to SSH passwordlessly from any node (including the
frontend) to any other node.

Regards.
--
Carlos Martín, MSc