[one-users] Fwd: Error in installing Opennebula

Marco Fanti marco.fanti at studenti.polito.it
Sat May 3 05:25:07 PDT 2014

Dear Sir

> I am using ubuntu 12.04 in my Virtual machine running on host in VMware.
> Can you tell me how to install Opennebula from .deb files. when i go to
> this link ( http://downloads.opennebula.org/packages/opennebula-4.6.0/)
> what to do. Please send me the command so that i can execute it.

You have to open the Ubuntu-12.04 directory and download the tar.gz file.
Extract it and you will find the .deb files. Install them using the command
dpkg -i
Eventually you have to install the dependencies manually, or with the
command apt-get install -f, or aptitude install -f (I prefer aptitude)

> Second, when i go to configure such code for Ubuntu from (
> http://opennebula.org/new-opennebula-package-repositories/) it give me
> the below message
>
> (HTTP request sent, awaiting response...404 not found)
>
> Please is there a command for which i can upgrade my opennebula-tools
> (=3.2.1-2) to opennebula (=4.6.0-1). This is a message i receive when i
> execute the command (# apt-get install opennebula opennebula-sunstone
> nfs-kernel-server) in a file [1]
>
> [1].
> http://docs.opennebula.org/pdf/4.4/opennebula_4.4_qs_ubuntu_kvm_guide.pdf

I see there is a problem with the documentation. To set the repo use the
commands written in the last link you wrote (
http://docs.opennebula.org/pdf/4.4/opennebula_4.4_qs_ubuntu_kvm_guide.pdfat
page 5)
# wget -q -O- http://downloads.opennebula.org/repo/Ubuntu/repo.key |
apt-key add -
# echo "deb http://downloads.opennebula.org/repo/Ubuntu/12.04 stable
opennebula" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opennebula.list

this should work. By the way I suggest to install packages manually, and
not using the repository
<http://docs.opennebula.org/pdf/4.4/opennebula_4.4_qs_ubuntu_kvm_guide.pdf>