[one-users] advanced contextualization

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Tue Jan 28 03:03:55 PST 2014

There is a bug in old contextualization packages that made custom init
scripts unable to run:

http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2128

Upgrade your context script the latest version and you should be able
to run it. You will also be able to name you init scripts other than
init.sh and add more than one of those scripts using INIT_SCRIPTS
variable.

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Daems Dirk <dirk.daems at vito.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I use OpenNebula 4.2. I have a CentOS VM image to which I added the
> opennebula-context package from the OpenNebula yum repository. The VM starts
> normally and I can configure networking and passwordless SSH whitout any
> problem.
>

> Now I wanted to take contextualization a step further: I want to add my own
> scripts to the ISO file that is mounted to the VM filesystem. I uploaded a
> 'init.sh' script to the files datastore with type 'CONTEXT'. This init.sh
> script seems to end up in the ISO file that is deployed with the VM and if
> the /etc/init.d/vmcontext script has run on the VM, it mounts the ISO file
> on /mnt. However, it looks like my init.sh script (which is in /mnt/init.sh)
> is never executed ... The /etc/init.d/vmcontext script only seems to execute
> the scripts in the /etc/one-context.d directory. From the documentation [1],
> I understood that if my init script is called init.sh, I wouldn't have to
> specify the INIT_SCRIPTS attribute in my VM template.
>

> I have the feeling that I'm missing something; maybe my understanding of
> advanced contextualization is not correct?
>

> [1] - http://docs.opennebula.org/stable/user/virtual_machine_setup/cong.html
>

> Regards,
>
> Dirk
>

> VITO Disclaimer: http://www.vito.be/e-maildisclaimer