[one-users] advanced contextualization

Daems Dirk dirk.daems at vito.be
Mon Jan 27 07:46:34 PST 2014

Hi,

I use OpenNebula 4.2. I have a CentOS VM image to which I added the opennebula-context package from the OpenNebula yum repository. The VM starts normally and I can configure networking and passwordless SSH whitout any problem.

Now I wanted to take contextualization a step further: I want to add my own scripts to the ISO file that is mounted to the VM filesystem. I uploaded a 'init.sh' script to the files datastore with type 'CONTEXT'. This init.sh script seems to end up in the ISO file that is deployed with the VM and if the /etc/init.d/vmcontext script has run on the VM, it mounts the ISO file on /mnt. However, it looks like my init.sh script (which is in /mnt/init.sh) is never executed ... The /etc/init.d/vmcontext script only seems to execute the scripts in the /etc/one-context.d directory. From the documentation [1], I understood that if my init script is called init.sh, I wouldn't have to specify the INIT_SCRIPTS attribute in my VM template.

I have the feeling that I'm missing something; maybe my understanding of advanced contextualization is not correct?

[1] - http://docs.opennebula.org/stable/user/virtual_machine_setup/cong.html

Regards,
Dirk

VITO Disclaimer: http://www.vito.be/e-maildisclaimer