[one-users] Closing OpenNebula 4.4 Cycle, Planning for 4.6

Ricardo Duarte rjtd21 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 13 01:34:25 PST 2014

Hi there,
One feature I would like to see would be a "recycle bin".Instead of deleting instances and their disks immediately after they terminate you could delay the actual operation to a different time, and allow the user to recover the instance.
Another feature would be what I call "instantiate to persistent".User would create a template based on a pre-existing image, with "persistent=yes". Opennebula would automatically clone the image disk and create the instance from it. I know currently it is possible to do it manually, by first cloning the image and then create a new template with that image, but that is not user friendly enough for me.
Regards,Ricardo Duarte