[one-users] Closing OpenNebula 4.4 Cycle, Planning for 4.6

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Sun Jan 12 10:05:10 PST 2014

Tino Vazquez <cvazquez at c12g.com> writes:

[...]

> As discussed with the OpenNebula Conf attendees (see? you need to come
> next year ;) ), we want to give our users the chance to shape the
> roadmap for the upcoming OpenNebula 4.6.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for giving us the opportunity to participate on the roadmap
plan.

It already seems quite busy, looking at issues not in 4.6 roadmap I
would say, for my personal use:

#1290 “Allowing autostart setting for KVM deployed VMs with persistent images, to restart them upon node reboot”
It ease the “reboot after upgrade” for single node configuration.
Today, on my single node, I need to stop all my VMs before doing the
reboot and resume them by hand when reboot is done

for my professional use:

#2417 “Move images between datastores”
--------------------------------------
It may be somewhat related to #2591 “Share resources between clusters”

#2545 “Decorrelate networks TYPE and IP management”
I'm quite sure this one is big enough to be delayed after 4.6.
Ideally, the VM name and its IPs should match between ONE leases and my
DHCP server but I don't figure it out.
I think it's related to #2348 “Add static MAC address to” (I forget the
VM NIC)

Regards.

--
Daniel Dehennin