[one-users] " Datastore 0 filtered out. It does not fulfill SCHED_DS_REQUIREMENTS." error after upgrade from 4.2 to 4.4

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Jan 8 03:30:43 PST 2014

Hi

Just to confirm that Michael is totally right. We tried to make this clear
in the upgrade guide:

http://docs.opennebula.org/stable/design_and_installation/building_your_cloud/upgrade.html#setting-new-system-ds

The procedure described by Michael to add the system DS preserving the data
is also the recommended one. (Note the limitations in the previous link)

Cheers

Ruben

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Michael <michael at onlinefusion.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Gerry,
>

>  onedatastore list
>>   ID NAME                SIZE AVAIL CLUSTER      IMAGES TYPE DS       TM
>>    0 system             21.4T 98%   -                 0 sys -
>>  shared
>>    1 default            21.4T 98%   SCSSnebula       43 img fs
>> shared
>>    2 files              21.4T 98%   SCSSnebula        0 fil fs       ssh
>>  100 Research           21.4T 98%   SCSSnebula        0 img fs
>> shared
>>  101 Teaching           21.4T 98%   SCSSnebula        6 img fs
>> shared
>>

>  SCHED_MESSAGE="Tue Jan  7 18:58:59 2014 : No system datastore meets
>> SCHED_DS_REQUIREMENTS: CLUSTER_ID = 100 & !(PUBLIC_CLOUD = YES)"
>>

> So there's no system datastore in the cluster as you spotted, I think this
> is a new requirement in 4.4 with the change to multiple system datastores
> and tiering. There might be an issue with some configurations after
> upgrading.
> I don't think you can add the 0 datastore to your cluster so as you're
> already using a shared datastore which is the same for all your data you
> can probably just make a second non id 0 system datastore linked to the
> same place as the others and assign it to the cluster.
>

> -Michael

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect