[one-users] " Datastore 0 filtered out. It does not fulfill SCHED_DS_REQUIREMENTS." error after upgrade from 4.2 to 4.4

Gerry O'Brien gerry at scss.tcd.ie
Wed Jan 8 04:12:08 PST 2014

Hi Ruben,

     Thanks for your reply. I read that paragraph but did not fully
understand the implications as I assumed that as we were not running a
multi-system DS it did not apply to our configuration,

         Regards,
             Gerry

On 08/01/2014 11:30, Ruben S. Montero wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just to confirm that Michael is totally right. We tried to make this clear
> in the upgrade guide:
>
> http://docs.opennebula.org/stable/design_and_installation/building_your_cloud/upgrade.html#setting-new-system-ds
>
> The procedure described by Michael to add the system DS preserving the data
> is also the recommended one. (Note the limitations in the previous link)
>
> Cheers
>
> Ruben
>

> On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Michael <michael at onlinefusion.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gerry,
>>

>>   onedatastore list
>>>    ID NAME                SIZE AVAIL CLUSTER      IMAGES TYPE DS       TM
>>>     0 system             21.4T 98%   -                 0 sys -
>>>   shared
>>>     1 default            21.4T 98%   SCSSnebula       43 img fs
>>> shared
>>>     2 files              21.4T 98%   SCSSnebula        0 fil fs       ssh
>>>   100 Research           21.4T 98%   SCSSnebula        0 img fs
>>> shared
>>>   101 Teaching           21.4T 98%   SCSSnebula        6 img fs
>>> shared
>>>
>>   SCHED_MESSAGE="Tue Jan  7 18:58:59 2014 : No system datastore meets
>>> SCHED_DS_REQUIREMENTS: CLUSTER_ID = 100 & !(PUBLIC_CLOUD = YES)"
>>>
>> So there's no system datastore in the cluster as you spotted, I think this
>> is a new requirement in 4.4 with the change to multiple system datastores
>> and tiering. There might be an issue with some configurations after
>> upgrading.
>> I don't think you can add the 0 datastore to your cluster so as you're
>> already using a shared datastore which is the same for all your data you
>> can probably just make a second non id 0 system datastore linked to the
>> same place as the others and assign it to the cluster.
>>

>> -Michael

Gerry O'Brien

Systems Manager
School of Computer Science and Statistics
Trinity College Dublin
Dublin 2
IRELAND

00 353 1 896 1341