[one-users] Fwd: Add New Storage Box

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Mon Aug 25 23:34:42 PDT 2014

Hi,

I don't entirely understand the difference between both options, could you
explain in more detail what you mean by distributing the datastore to all
the nodes?

Assuming your configuration is as follows: NFS Server exports datastores 0
and 1 -> Mounted in Frontend + Nodes

I recommend the following option:
- Create a new Image datastore (it will have ID >= 100, in this example we
will assume it has ID: 100)
- Create a new exports directive in your new storage box, for example
/storage/datastores/100
- Mount that mountpoint in all the nodes including the frontend in the
following path: /var/lib/one/datastores/100

Now you can register more images in the new datastore (ID: 100), and since
they are all persistent they will not take space in the system datastore
(ID: 0)

Best regards,
Jaime

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 6:05 AM, Rhesa Mahendra <rhesa at lintasmediadanawa.com
> wrote:

>  Guys, please help.
>

> -------- Original Message --------  Subject: Add New Storage Box  Date: Mon,
> 25 Aug 2014 16:21:13 +0700  From: Rhesa Mahendra
> <rhesa at lintasmediadanawa.com> <rhesa at lintasmediadanawa.com>  To:
> users at lists.opennebula.org <users at lists.opennebula.org>
> <users at lists.opennebula.org>, Javier Fontan <jfontan at opennebula.org>
> <jfontan at opennebula.org>
>
> Guys,
>
> We have plan to add a new storage box, Our existing storage :
> /var/lib/one/datastore/0 = system
> /var/lib/one/datastore/1 = image
> /var/lib/one/datastore/2 = file
> All type are from one storage box.
>
> We did internal discuss and we get result with two options:
>
> 1. We add a new storage box as an image type and define it as
> /var/lib/one/datastore/3 = image2.
>
> Or
>
> 2. We will distribute /var/lib/one/datastore/0 = system and
> /var/lib/one/datastore/2 = file to all nodes (all node are synced), then
> we add the new storage box as /var/lib/one/datastore/3 = image2
> So with this second option, the nodes only mount two path from the
> storage box (/var/lib/one/datastore/1 = image [from existing storage
> box]  and /var/lib/one/datastore/3 = image2 [from new storage box]). All
> the images are persistent
> Please give us some advise with pros and cons within this two options,
> thanks.
>
> Rhesa

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org