[one-users] Fwd: Add New Storage Box

Rhesa Mahendra rhesa at lintasmediadanawa.com
Mon Aug 25 21:05:55 PDT 2014

Guys, please help.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Add New Storage Box
Date: 	Mon, 25 Aug 2014 16:21:13 +0700
From: 	Rhesa Mahendra <rhesa at lintasmediadanawa.com>
To: 	users at lists.opennebula.org <users at lists.opennebula.org>, Javier
Fontan <jfontan at opennebula.org>

Guys,

We have plan to add a new storage box, Our existing storage :
/var/lib/one/datastore/0 = system
/var/lib/one/datastore/1 = image
/var/lib/one/datastore/2 = file
All type are from one storage box.

We did internal discuss and we get result with two options:

1. We add a new storage box as an image type and define it as
/var/lib/one/datastore/3 = image2.

Or

2. We will distribute /var/lib/one/datastore/0 = system and
/var/lib/one/datastore/2 = file to all nodes (all node are synced), then
we add the new storage box as /var/lib/one/datastore/3 = image2
So with this second option, the nodes only mount two path from the
storage box (/var/lib/one/datastore/1 = image [from existing storage
box]  and /var/lib/one/datastore/3 = image2 [from new storage box]). All
the images are persistent
Please give us some advise with pros and cons within this two options,
thanks.

Rhesa