[one-users] Add New Storage Box

Rhesa Mahendra rhesa at lintasmediadanawa.com
Mon Aug 25 02:21:13 PDT 2014

Guys,

We have plan to add a new storage box, Our existing storage :
/var/lib/one/datastore/0 = system
/var/lib/one/datastore/1 = image
/var/lib/one/datastore/2 = file
All type are from one storage box.

We did internal discuss and we get result with two options:

1. We add a new storage box as an image type and define it as
/var/lib/one/datastore/3 = image2.

Or

2. We will distribute /var/lib/one/datastore/0 = system and
/var/lib/one/datastore/2 = file to all nodes (all node are synced), then
we add the new storage box as /var/lib/one/datastore/3 = image2
So with this second option, the nodes only mount two path from the
storage box (/var/lib/one/datastore/1 = image [from existing storage
box]  and /var/lib/one/datastore/3 = image2 [from new storage box]). All
the images are persistent
Please give us some advise with pros and cons within this two options,
thanks.

Rhesa