[one-users] Nomadic CentOS repository: WHY?!?

Bill Cole openneb-users-20120102 at billmail.scconsult.com
Mon Aug 25 17:43:33 PDT 2014

On 25 Aug 2014, at 19:40, Damon (Albino Geek) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I found that there is actually a prebuilt 4.8 context RPM in one of
> their source trees (not GitHub).

That's not exactly helpful. The fact that there's an RPM in some unnamed
place built from who-knows-what revision is an interesting and maybe
indicative factoid, but it does not clarify whether or not there will be
a canonical RPM for the package in the same repository as those for the
other packages (or anywhere documented.)

> As per the repo change, this new version actually makes more sense and
> follows proper repo format.
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/6/os/x86_64/ being an example
> repository that follows standard format.
>
> The "stable" path part didn't make any sense considering how versions
> work in OpenNebula.

The '4.8' part doesn't make any sense in any context, and *changing* the
baseurl for the repository with each release does away with a key reason
for using a package repository.