[one-users] Problem with Appmarket 2.0 RC

Steve @ MyEvolve steve at myevolve.com
Wed Apr 23 06:16:58 PDT 2014

Hello Everyone,

I followed the guide to install Appmarket 2.0 RC.  I changed the listen ip
to 0.0.0.0 as instructed and added the specified modifications to the
sunstone view files.

The problem I am getting is that now when I access sunstone its extremely
slow and I never actually get to the main dashboard.  It keeps partially

Even after taking back out the references to appmarket in the sunstone view
config files and restarting sunstone-server and stopping the appmarket
server, I still had very very slow loading of sunstone.

I was only able to correct it by rebooting.

Some background...

I'm using CentOS 6.5 with ruby 1.8.7 and I had to use rbenv to setup ruby
2.1.0 to install Appmarket.  I set it to be applicable system wide and as
the default.

This caused an issue with openflow-server not wanting to start returning an
ruby error which I tracked down as being because of the multiple versions.

I also tried building from source ruby 2.1.0 and using yum remove ruby
thinking that this version was getting in the way.

I then tried to reinstall one 4.6RC and rpm was complaining that ruby
wasn't installed even though it was.

So I've gotten rid of all the above, issued the yum install ruby (and other
ruby items) and reinstalled one 4.6RC successfully using the rpms so I have
my system pretty close to where I started.

So I'm sure that maybe at the heart of this is ruby possibly.  Does anyone
have a good guide on how to install the correct version of ruby on a Centos
6.5 system or any other ideas on how to get Appmarket installed?

Thank you,
Steve