[one-users] Problem with Appmarket 2.0 RC

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Wed Apr 23 08:40:54 PDT 2014

Hi Steve,

I am currently running ruby 1.8.7 (2011-06-30 patchlevel 352)
[x86_64-linux] on CentOS release 6.4 (Final) using rbenv and it is working
perfec. Appmarket is also tested using ruby 1.9.3-p484, so the ruby version
should not be the problem. Maybe there's something wrong in your
environment after all those problems.

If you get the error again after configuring the Appmarket tabs in sunstone
could you check if there is any error in the browser developer console?

Cheers

On 23 April 2014 15:16, Steve @ MyEvolve <steve at myevolve.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I followed the guide to install Appmarket 2.0 RC.  I changed the listen ip
> to 0.0.0.0 as instructed and added the specified modifications to the
> sunstone view files.
>
> The problem I am getting is that now when I access sunstone its extremely
> slow and I never actually get to the main dashboard.  It keeps partially
>
> Even after taking back out the references to appmarket in the sunstone
> view config files and restarting sunstone-server and stopping the appmarket
> server, I still had very very slow loading of sunstone.
>
> I was only able to correct it by rebooting.
>
> Some background...
>
> I'm using CentOS 6.5 with ruby 1.8.7 and I had to use rbenv to setup ruby
> 2.1.0 to install Appmarket.  I set it to be applicable system wide and as
> the default.
>
> This caused an issue with openflow-server not wanting to start returning
> an ruby error which I tracked down as being because of the multiple
> versions.
>
> I also tried building from source ruby 2.1.0 and using yum remove ruby
> thinking that this version was getting in the way.
>
> I then tried to reinstall one 4.6RC and rpm was complaining that ruby
> wasn't installed even though it was.
>
> So I've gotten rid of all the above, issued the yum install ruby (and
> other ruby items) and reinstalled one 4.6RC successfully using the rpms so
> I have my system pretty close to where I started.
>
> So I'm sure that maybe at the heart of this is ruby possibly.  Does anyone
> have a good guide on how to install the correct version of ruby on a Centos
> 6.5 system or any other ideas on how to get Appmarket installed?
>

> Thank you,
> Steve

Daniel Molina
www.OpenNebula.org | dmolina at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula