[one-users] deferred snapshots: when are they created?

Stuart Longland stuartl at vrt.com.au
Mon Apr 7 19:58:25 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to rattle some bugs out of my storage driver on OpenNebula
4.4.  Right now I have (non-live) migration working, cloning and
deleting work, etc.

My progress is here: http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2827

I've turned my attention to snapshotting.  I can do a "hot" snapshot,
that works, I see the VM pause momentarily while the snapshot is taken,
then everything resumes.

As for a deferred snapshot, I tell it to go ahead, then proceed to try
everything I can think of to make it take the snapshot.  Shut down,
power off, reboot, un-deploy, anything.  Nothing happens.  Clearly I
haven't hit upon the conditions that trigger a snapshot to take place.

What state is the snapshot supposed to be taken and under what conditions?

Stuart Longland
Systems Engineer
     _ ___
\  /|_) |                           T: +61 7 3535 9619
 \/ | \ |     38b Douglas Street    F: +61 7 3535 9699
   SYSTEMS    Milton QLD 4064       http://www.vrt.com.au