[one-users] 4.6 changes overview

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Fri Apr 11 03:04:32 PDT 2014

Hi Robert,
apologies for the late reply.

As Stefan mentioned ozones has been deprecated and it's now part of oned,
not a separate component. In other words, the ozones package should be
replaced by the main package.

The other components you speak about can be also bundled in the main
package or can be run in a separate server. I would personally leave in the
same package, but I guess that depends on the openSUSE packaging policy:

> /usr/lib/systemd/system/econe.service
starts a ruby http service that listens to REST requests enabling an
EC2-like interface for OpenNebula

> /usr/lib/systemd/system/occi.service
starts a ruby http service that listens to REST requests enabling a OCCI
[1] interface for OpenNebula

> /usr/lib/systemd/system/oneflow.service
starts a ruby component that orchestrates multi-vm services. This is was
introduced in 4.2 as Stefan pointed out, but we didn't supply startup
scripts at the time.

> /usr/lib/systemd/system/onegate.service
starts a ruby component that listens to http requests coming from the VMs
in order to report internal metrics and custom monitoring data directly to
OpenNebula

They are all documented in http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/

In the openSUSE packages we provied these 4 services are bundled in the
main opennebula package. Let me know if you have any further questions.

[1] http://occi-wg.org/

Hope this helps,
Jaime

--