[one-users] deferred snapshots: when are they created?

Ondrej Hamada ondrej.hamada at acision.com
Tue Apr 8 00:05:24 PDT 2014

Hi,
I suppose the snapshot should take place on 'shutdown' (not poweroff).
At least that's what worked for me.

Ondra

On 04/08/2014 04:58 AM, Stuart Longland wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to rattle some bugs out of my storage driver on OpenNebula
> 4.4.  Right now I have (non-live) migration working, cloning and
> deleting work, etc.
>
> My progress is here: http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/2827
>
> I've turned my attention to snapshotting.  I can do a "hot" snapshot,
> that works, I see the VM pause momentarily while the snapshot is taken,
> then everything resumes.
>
> As for a deferred snapshot, I tell it to go ahead, then proceed to try
> everything I can think of to make it take the snapshot.  Shut down,
> power off, reboot, un-deploy, anything.  Nothing happens.  Clearly I
> haven't hit upon the conditions that trigger a snapshot to take place.
>
> What state is the snapshot supposed to be taken and under what conditions?
>
> Regards,

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you for understanding.