[one-users] how can i reach machines inside a 802.1q virtual network.

Fernando Filgueira fernando.filgueira at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 07:04:59 PDT 2013

hello my name is fernando from the canary islands.

I have a "working" test open nebula installation: one master , two nodes,
centos 6.4 , kvm

i have a virtual network setup with network model 802.1q

Machine boots, gets ips, but its aisled from the external network (i cant
ping them from master, only novnc access from sunstone).

I know i could add a second nic and attach it to the physical network, but
i would see all other machines in the internal network (what i dont want,
because i could change ip in nic attached to internal network to what i
wanted and get to machines in another virtual network)

the original goal is to assign a subdomain for every machine to be
accesible from internet: vm101.mydomain.com, vm102.mydomain.com,etc... ,
and at the same time have all the machines to be accesible between them in
their internal vm network.
what is the best (easiest) way to acomplish this?
is there any way to automate the subdomain (vmxxx.mydomain.com)  procedure
creation?

thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

--

...---...
WWW.FHERKING.COM <http://www.fherking.com>