[one-users] Virtual network requirement?

Kenneth kenneth at apolloglobal.net
Thu Sep 5 04:38:48 PDT 2013

Can i create a VM without declaring a network IP for it in Open
Nebula sunstone?

I mean, if I set a VM on sunstone to use 192.168.1.15
with br1 (in the Virtual networks in the section), and the Ubuntu VM
boots up (default is dhcp in ubuntu), the IP that is going to be
assigned in the VM is the one assigned by my DHCP server. For example
the IP that will be given to the VM by the DHCP server will be
192.168.1.10.

The 192.168.1.15 doesn't make sense at all. What's worse
is that the VM will not be able to connect to my LAN if it's IP is
192.168.1.10. I need to *change it manually* so that the *IP in
sunstone* is the same as the *IP set in the VM* to be able to
communicate in my local LAN.

It's an extra step to define a network
first and then define again in the VM. Any workaround on this? Can't I
just decalre an IP to the VM itself and not in sunstone?

--

Thanks,
Kenneth