[one-users] slow live migration of VM's

Gary S. Cuozzo gary at isgsoftware.net
Mon Nov 25 09:31:23 PST 2013

Thank you for the reply. The storage is shared storage via NFS, so no disk data should need to be transferred. Just the running VM.

I was figuring just the running VM (RAM & state) needs to sync'd.

The time to transfer wouldn't be such an issue if the VM's were functional during that time. The main issue is that the guests are completely unusable, so the migration may as well not be 'live'.

Thanks,
gary