[one-users] slow live migration of VM's

Ionut Popovici ionut at hackaserver.com
Sun Nov 24 23:52:51 PST 2013

1st20- 60Gb disk .. is preaty much ..
2nd transfer is done via SCP that si a lil slower than any other
transfer but is more safer.
3nd It depends on READ on the host where are the VMS .. if they have
other host working .. keep in mind that the machine share the IO of that
datastore. On perfect Datastone it sould be around 6ms time to access
data on HDD .. but on live datastore it my take a lil more.
My test was starting nonpersistent image with size 50GB on a SSD drive
it took around 4Mins and was not lunch via network, just copy via scp ..
on same drive.