[one-users] Chef cookbook for OpenNebula (to be used with Vagrant)

Giovanni Toraldo me at gionn.net
Fri Mar 22 04:24:02 PDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Ruben S. Montero
<rsmontero at opennebula.org> wrote:
> So, given your experience with OpenNebula and  Vagrant, do you think this
> integration is doable (I am concern about that shared folder thing)? and
> second do you think that adding OpenNebula as a backend for Vagrant is
> interesting?

Since the driver refactoring of Vagrant 1.1, it should be more easy to
plug-in a new one:

http://docs.vagrantup.com/v2/plugins/providers.html

The main problem indeed is about serving files from a local
workstation to the remote virtual machine, I can think only of hackish
ways to do that, like using a shared NFS for both workstations and
VMs, or a SSHFS to mount a local workstation directory into the VM
(only for workstation with sshd available).

Cheers,
--
Giovanni Toraldo
http://gionn.net