[one-users] Chef cookbook for OpenNebula (to be used with Vagrant)

Shankhadeep Shome shank15217 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 07:13:28 PDT 2013

We have been using open nebula with chef for the last 6 months. Vagrant
seems to me something you would use if you want to keep the development
environment on each developers own machine. Our experience with chef solo +
open nebula command line pretty much automates the entire boot strapping
and software installation process with very little scripting overhead. The
workflow is basically launch vm, which pulls down the work space setup chef
package, that auto installs the entire environment. The developer then just
logs in and syncs their code from some software repo. Another model is to
use open nebula to create a clean slate then have it register automatically
with a chef server. We use this model to configure jenkin build boxes, demo
servers, mongo clusters etc. I'm not exactly sure what vagrant would bring
to this picture.

Shank