[one-users] How to get the OCCI self-services templates to make the system disk use the virtio drivers?

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Wed Mar 13 03:18:09 PDT 2013

Hi Gerry,

On 12 March 2013 18:04, Gerry O'Brien <gerry at scss.tcd.ie> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>     How do you get the OCCI self-services templates to make an existing
> system disk use the virtio drivers? If I put an entry in the template for
> DISK it tries to create a second data disk, even when I explicitly try to
> set the DISK_ID to 0 (see OOCI template and resulting template from
> Sunstone below).

You can define that parameter in the image template and the virtual machine
disk will use it.
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:img_template#template_attributes

Also you can define default paremeters for kvm in the driver configuration
file.
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:kvmg#default_attributes

Cheers

>             Regards,
>                 Gerry
>

> CPU    = 1
> VCPU   = 2
> MEMORY = 1024
>
> GRAPHICS = [    type    = vnc,
>                             listen  = 0.0.0.0 ]
>
> DISK    = [     disk_id         = 0,
>                     type            = fs,
>                    dev_prefix      = vd,
>                     driver          = qcow2 ]
>

>    DISK
>

>   0
>

>   READONLY NO  CLUSTER_ID 100  IMAGE Debian-Selfservice [ver R1.1]
> DATASTORE users  TYPE FILE  SOURCE
> /var/lib/one/datastores/102/72ce4e42a590c42e79c298652b33df46  SAVE NO
> DISK_ID 0  DATASTORE_ID 102  TARGET hda  DRIVER qcow2  DEV_PREFIX hd
> IMAGE_ID 237  CLONE YES  TM_MAD shared
>
>   1
>

>   TYPE fs  DISK_ID 1  TARGET vda  DRIVER qcow2  DEV_PREFIX vd
>
> --
> Gerry O'Brien
>
> Systems Manager
> School of Computer Science and Statistics
> Trinity College Dublin
> Dublin 2
> IRELAND
> 00 353 1 896 1341