[one-users] How to get the OCCI self-services templates to make the system disk use the virtio drivers?

Gerry O'Brien gerry at scss.tcd.ie
Wed Mar 13 03:51:22 PDT 2013

Hi Daniel,

   Thanks for the reply but unfortunately it will not solve our problem.
Yes, if I define the *DEV_PREFIX * parameter in the template using the
Sunstone GUI then everything works fine. But how do I do it for the OCCI
self-service individual templates? Also, if I define it as a default
value then I'm not sure our Windows images will work. We supply Windows
7, 8 & Server 2008 R2 images and well as Debian in the self-service.
Virtio is not by default built into Windows images.

     The reason we want to use the virtio drivers is that sometimes
delays in the underlying NFS infrastructure may cause SCSI timeouts  in
Debian images. It doesn't cause any real problems but it is
disconcerting to our users. We hope that using the virtio drivers will
be more forgiving.

         Regards,
           Gerry