[one-users] why doesn't opennebula judge the host capacity except for actions related to scheduler?

cmcc.dylan dx10years at 126.com
Wed Mar 13 22:07:54 PDT 2013

Hi everyone!
   I doubt about this problem for a long time and i also prove it using some test case.
   Firstly, let's describe the problem as follows:
   I manage two host machines using opennebula and they both have 4 cores in total. I deploy vm1 which has 2 cores in host1 and deploy vm2 which has 4 cores in host2. After that, I migrate vm1 to host2, to my surprise it success and the free cpu of host2 becomes -2.

   so i read the source code related to virtual machine's migration, and i find this is no judgement of host resources' capacity in the whole migration process. Source codes as follows:
                       vm->get_requirements(cpu,mem,disk);
                       hpool->add_capacity(vm->get_hid(),cpu,mem,disk);
   And i also seek what actions does opennebula to test host resources' capacity and find only two places and they also related to scheduler.For example:
   (1)void Scheduler::match()
   (2)int VirtualMachineXML::get_host()
Only the two place call the funstion - test_capacity(cpu,mem,dsk) to judge the host resources.

   i'm sorry if i don't describe the problem clearly. Hope someone to help and communication with me.