[one-users] OpenNebula 4.2 Flame Beta (4.1.80) is Out!

Jon three18ti at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 21:42:40 PDT 2013

Hello,

Well, I kinda answered my question... It's definitely the combination of
renaming/removing /etc/one and upgrading.

here's the procedure:

-- install OpenNebula 4.0.1-1
  # cd opennebula-4.0.1-1/
  # dpkg -i *.deb
-- remove or rename /etc/one
  # mv /etc/one /etc/one.bak
-- install OpenNebula 4.1.80
  # cd ../opennebula-4.1.80-1/
  # dpkg -i *.deb

>> Configuration file `/etc/one/sunstone-views/admin.yaml'
>>  ==> Deleted (by you or by a script) since installation.
>>  ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
>>    What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
>> *** admin.yaml (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?
>> etc, etc, etc

My guess is this is actually a matter of how dpkg works rather than how
OpenNebula is packaged, but maybe if two packages are tying to install the
same configs this could happen...?

Happy to produce full logs, but I didn't want to clutter up the
announcement thread with console logs.

Thanks!
Jon A