[one-users] OpenNebula 4.2 Flame Beta (4.1.80) is Out!

Jon three18ti at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 21:07:18 PDT 2013

Hello,

Before I ran the install I renamed /etc/one to /etc/one.bak then I ran
`dpkg -f *.deb` in the extracted directory.
While the install was running, I was prompted if I wanted to keep the
current version or the package maintainers version on a number of config
files (sunstone, etc).

What is odd is the files in the directory had a date of the 17th or 18th,
so they have to have come from the packages.
Are two of the packages perhaps trying to install configs?

Anyway, out of curiosity I renamed the /etc/one to /etc/one.old and
performed another `dpkg -i *.deb`, but I kept getting an error that there
was on /etc/one directory.  So I removed the packages to attempt a "fresh"
install [1], and any subsequent runs of `dpkg -i *.deb` do not produce the
same output, so I'm out of ideas.

Mostly thinking out loud.

The new interface is pretty slick, thanks for all the hard work guys!

Best Regards,
Jon A

[1] actually, I purged the packages which killed my one.db of course...
yeah, yeah, I _SHOULD_ have backups... but it's a lab environment, so
really not the end of the world; lesson learned, glad I did it in a test
environment.  I think it would be nice to include some vocabulary in the
upgrade about a backup of one.db not being necessary but to make sure there
is one somewhere... just in case.