[one-users] ONE 3.8.3: Question about scheduling / Permission problen on Self Service UI

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Fri Jan 25 02:58:15 PST 2013

Hi,

On 24 January 2013 14:32, Dietrich, Stefan <stefan.dietrich at desy.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded from OpenNebula 3.6.0 to 3.8.3, but I am seeing two
> issues at the moment:
>
> 1. The scheduler is not properly deploying the VMs. I have multiple KVM
> hypervisors grouped into a cluster, each with 16GB RAM.
> If I try to deploy VMs with 7,5GB RAM, only 1 VM per hypervisors gets
> deployed. The rest of the VMs is still in pending state.
> The sched.log states, that there is not enough capacity.
> With 7GB RAM, 2 VMs per hypervisors get scheduled, but this is not the
> amount of memory I need.

What is the Available Memory (AMEM) reported by OpenNebula? The way
this value is retrieved depends on the hypervisor. For example, in Xen
this value is reported by xend considering the dom0 memory, therefore
this value will be lower than 16GB

The scheduler also defines a parameter to adjust the fraction of
memory reserved by the hypervisor(HYPERVISOR_MEM) [1], by default is
set to 10%.

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:schg#configuration

> 2. If I use the OCCI self service ui, right after loggin in, I get an
> red "Error: Forbidden" message. It looks like, this has to do with the
> usage plots on the starting page. They are not shown to the user and
> clicking on update, results in another "Forbidden" message.
> This also happens with the oneadmin account, but it should have all the
> rights? I am not sure which ACL bits I have to tweak.

I think this error is not related to ACL rules since oneadmin bypass
that module. Myabe it's just a cache problem, try restarting the
occi-server and cleaning the browser cache.

Hope this helps

--
Daniel Molina
www.OpenNebula.org | dmolina at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula