[one-users] ONE 3.8.3: Question about scheduling / Permission problen on Self Service UI

Dietrich, Stefan stefan.dietrich at desy.de
Fri Jan 25 04:30:40 PST 2013

Hi Daniel,

On Fr, 2013-01-25 at 11:58 +0100, Daniel Molina wrote:

> What is the Available Memory (AMEM) reported by OpenNebula? The way
> this value is retrieved depends on the hypervisor. For example, in Xen
> this value is reported by xend considering the dom0 memory, therefore
> this value will be lower than 16GB
>
> The scheduler also defines a parameter to adjust the fraction of
> memory reserved by the hypervisor(HYPERVISOR_MEM) [1], by default is
> set to 10%.
>
> [1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:schg#configuration

I completely missed this option in the documentation. I tweaked it a
little bit, to reserve only 5% of the memory. With that change, the VMs
were scheduled.
It was enough memory available and reported by ONE, but with the 10%
reservation this was not enough.
Thank you, problem solved :D

> > 2. If I use the OCCI self service ui, right after loggin in, I get an
> > red "Error: Forbidden" message. It looks like, this has to do with the
> > usage plots on the starting page. They are not shown to the user and
> > clicking on update, results in another "Forbidden" message.
> > This also happens with the oneadmin account, but it should have all the
> > rights? I am not sure which ACL bits I have to tweak.
>
> I think this error is not related to ACL rules since oneadmin bypass
> that module. Myabe it's just a cache problem, try restarting the
> occi-server and cleaning the browser cache.

I tried to restart the occi-server and cleared the browser cache, but it
did not help. I have attached a part of oned.log, when I click on the
update button on the self service ui.
Not sure if this helps.

Regards,
Stefan