[one-users] ONE 3.8.3: Question about scheduling / Permission problen on Self Service UI

Dietrich, Stefan stefan.dietrich at desy.de
Thu Jan 24 05:32:04 PST 2013

Hi,

I recently upgraded from OpenNebula 3.6.0 to 3.8.3, but I am seeing two
issues at the moment:

1. The scheduler is not properly deploying the VMs. I have multiple KVM
hypervisors grouped into a cluster, each with 16GB RAM.
If I try to deploy VMs with 7,5GB RAM, only 1 VM per hypervisors gets
deployed. The rest of the VMs is still in pending state.
The sched.log states, that there is not enough capacity.
With 7GB RAM, 2 VMs per hypervisors get scheduled, but this is not the
amount of memory I need.

2. If I use the OCCI self service ui, right after loggin in, I get an
red "Error: Forbidden" message. It looks like, this has to do with the
usage plots on the starting page. They are not shown to the user and
clicking on update, results in another "Forbidden" message.
This also happens with the oneadmin account, but it should have all the
rights? I am not sure which ACL bits I have to tweak.

Any ideas? The permission problem with self service UI is at the moment
not that important, but it would be nice to have this fixed.

Regards,
Stefan

--
Stefan Dietrich <stefan.dietrich at desy.de>