[one-users] Installing OpenNebula 3.8.3 on Fedora 17 with XEN hypervisor

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Feb 19 02:19:04 PST 2013

Hi,

I assume you are following the guide to build from source [1], and you are
trying to install in /srv/cloud/one.
We are going to update that guide to change the advised installation method
to system-wide; the self-contained installation is useful for development
and custom installations, but it is not really documented.

Try to install opennebula in system-wide (the same paths that the packages
and the documentation use) with this command instead:

sudo ./install.sh -u oneadmin -g oneadmin

Note that you will need a oneadmin user and group. From that point you
should be able to follow the main installation guide [2].

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:compile
[2] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:ignc
--
Carlos Martín, MSc