[one-users] BLACK and WHITE_PORTS with open vswitch

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Mon Feb 18 03:33:04 PST 2013

Hi Oriol,

yes, WHITE_PORTS is not implement, and neither are port ranges with
semi-colon:
http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:openvswitch#network_filtering

The reason is because iptables filters won't work with Open vSwitch, so
port filtering is implemented via OpenFlow. If you find a way to improve
the drivers it would be really nice. Let me know if I can help in any way.

cheers,
Jaime

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Oriol Martí <omarti at cesca.cat> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm deploying the Open vswitch driver and when I create one VM with the
> BLACK and WHITE_PORTS it doesn't work.
>
> I've seen the code and I'm not sure, but I think that white port is not
> implemented and the black ports only is doing a strip for "," not by ":",
> then if you want to configure a VM with all the ports closed and only
> opened the 80 is very difficult to do because you would have to write all
> the ports, one by one, and is impossible to indicate a range of ports like
> 80:65535
>
> I'm thinking to write the code necessary to do that, but I'm not sure,
> because I don't know the reason why is not finished.... Does anybody know
> something about that?
>
> Best regards,

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org