[one-users] BLACK and WHITE_PORTS with open vswitch

Oriol Martí omarti at cesca.cat
Mon Feb 18 04:24:50 PST 2013

Hi Jaime,
looking at the file /var/lib/one/remotes/vnm/ovswitch/OpenvSwitch.rb
My idea is to add that black_ports look for : and do the command
     add_flow("tcp,dl_dst=#{@nic[:mac]},tp_dst=#{p}",:drop)
for every port in the range.
With the white_port, the normal behaviour is all closed but the
indicated ports? my idea is to do the drop for all the ports but the
indicated ports.
Is this correct? I'm not sure if this big amount of rules can add extra
load to the node or it can derive to problems...

Thanks,