[one-users] CLVM datastore

Kapetanakis Giannis bilias at edu.physics.uoc.gr
Thu Feb 14 08:17:15 PST 2013

On 14/02/13 17:55, Jaime Melis wrote:
> Hi Giannis,
>
> CLVM has many drawbacks due to snapshot not being supported in cluster
> mode, which is exactly what you're experiencing. I recommend you read
> this thread where Mihály discussed and explained very accurately their
> current LVM deployment:
>
> http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2013-January/021686.html (the
>
> We will improve the LVM drivers for the next release based on Mihály's
> feedback.
>
> cheers,
> Jaime

Thanks for the reply Jaime,

I'll give a try on shared_lvm drivers and will report back.

Just in case, I've been running a production setup where I run VMs on
top of CLVM (with full live migration)
for about 1 year just by using Redhat's Cluster Tools and libvirt,
virsh, virt-manager.

Each VM has it's own block devices (LVs on CLVM) backed by
fibre-channel. No problems so far.

If you'd like me to test something with this setup, I have a couple of
nodes that I use for testing
and I could try new code on them.

regards,

Giannis