[one-users] CLVM datastore

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Thu Feb 14 07:55:26 PST 2013

Hi Giannis,

CLVM has many drawbacks due to snapshot not being supported in cluster
mode, which is exactly what you're experiencing. I recommend you read this
thread where Mihály discussed and explained very accurately their current
LVM deployment:

http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2013-January/021686.html
(the

We will improve the LVM drivers for the next release based on Mihály's
feedback.

cheers,
Jaime

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:56 PM, Kapetanakis Giannis <
bilias at edu.physics.uoc.gr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to evaluate opennebula (3.8.1 & 3.8.3) but I'm having problem
> with my CLVM datastore.
>
> I've added the following datastore:
> DS_MAD="lvm"
> HOST="node1"
> TM_MAD="lvm"
> VG_NAME="share2"
>
> No matter what I do in images and templates I cannot create a VM.
> Most of the times, it creates an LV and tries to clone it, an operation
> which is not available in CLVM.
>
> I've also tried gfs2clvm from https://github.com/jhrcz/**
> opennebula-tm-gfs2clvm <https://github.com/jhrcz/opennebula-tm-gfs2clvm>without luck.
>
> Could someone post a working configuration for image and template for CLVM?
>
> Ideally I want to attach an iso CDROM (for install) and a new empty LV (on
> CLVM) for disk installation.
>
> I'm also confused with the difference of PATH and SOURCE and how it's used
> in LVM setups.
>
> Should the images exist also on front node?
>
> regards,
>
> Giannis

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org