[one-users] question about best way to assign IP's to various users

Gary S. Cuozzo gary at isgsoftware.net
Tue Feb 26 23:45:33 PST 2013

Hello users,
I am trying to figure out a good way to manage assignments IP addresses to various users. We have a /22 of public IP addresses and I want to be able to give various users access to their IP's that we've allocated. I would also like to be able to see a global view of IP's in use.

What I was thinking is to have a master network defined and use it to simply "hold" IP's as they are assigned so that it's easy to just click and see what's used. Then, I would create each user their own networks which have each IP they have been allowed to use. If I assign them additional IP's, I would add them to their specific network and then mark them as "hold" in the master.

I this method ok, or am I off base? Is there a better way to accomplish what I'm looking for?

Thanks for any ideas,
gary