[one-users] ATTACHDISK and TM action

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 27 04:16:33 PST 2013

Hi Simon

Actually it is calling the TM. In order to simplify the orchestration
between the image transfer  (TM) and the hotplug operation (VMM), the TM is
called by the VMM.

OpenNebula core passes the request to the VMM that includes a TM script for
the disk. The VMM uses the TM engine to execute the transfer script (the
transfer is made within the VMM process there is no communication between
the drivers), once the transfer is done the VMM executes the hotplug
operation.

Cheers

Ruben

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Simon Boulet <simon at nostalgeek.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed when doing a Disk hotplug, the ATTACHDISK VMM action gets
> called, but I don't seems to get any TM action called. Is this normal?
>
> What driver is supposed to be responsible for making the Hotplug image
> available on the host the VM is running ?
>
> Simon

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect