[one-users] question about best way to assign IP's to various users

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 27 02:48:55 PST 2013

Hi,

Here is how I would do it:

Create a VNet as oneadmin, and grant your users permission to USE it. This
can be done moving the vnet to the user's group (onevnet chgrp), changing
the permissions (onevnet chmod), or using ACL rules (oneacl). See [1] for
more information about all this.

Now you have a way to see which IPs are used, and by whom. To limit how
many IPs can your users take from the vnet, set the NETWORK quota [2].

Note that you need to set the quota for each user or group individually,
but the batchquota command will make this easier. In the upcoming 4.0
version you will be able to set the default quota, that will apply to
everyone.

I hope this fits your scenario.
Regards

[1] http://opennebula.org/documentation:rel3.8:auth_overview