[one-users] Load Balancing ONE controller

Simon Boulet simon at nostalgeek.com
Thu Aug 1 08:32:15 PDT 2013

Hi Dmitri,

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Dmitri Chebotarov <dchebota at gmu.edu> wrote:

>  Are there any issue with load balancing OpenNebula controller nodes?

I don't think it's currently possible because oned caches states and
information directly in memory. If you were to run two instances of oned
(even if they are connected to the same database) states would become
inconsistent between the two. One solution would be to have an option in
OpenNebula to drop caching from oned (and relay on the backend database
directly).

However I think having a load balanced Sunstone all instances connected to
the same oned XML-RPC endpoint would work.

Simon