[one-users] Sunstone buggy in RC 4.0

Jaime Melis jmelis at opennebula.org
Sat Apr 20 02:06:40 PDT 2013

Hi Tao and Alex,

(joining Alex's thread into this one):

As Daniel just mentioned this is an issue with Ruby 1.8.7, and since
upgrading to Ruby 1.9 might be a bit cumbersome, what we're going to do is
to release a new RC first thing next week (probably on Monday) fixing this
bug with Ruby 1.8.7.

For the moment we have removed the packages of the distributions which use
Ruby 1.8.7.

Thank you both for your quick feedback!

http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1936

cheers,
Jaime

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Daniel Molina <dmolina at opennebula.org>wrote:

> Hi Tao,
>

> On 19 April 2013 19:43, Tao Craig <tao at leadmesh.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I just upgraded from 3.8.3 to 3.9.90 (CentOS) and my Sunstone interface
>> is very unpredictable. When I first logged in, the Infrastructure tab was
>> unresponsive and the Virtual Resources tab only displayed my datastores.
>> After restarting oned and sunstone-server, my Infrastructure tab remains
>> unresponsive and my Virtual Resources tab now only displays my images.
>>
>> All of my hosts, appear in oned.log as being successfully monitored
>> however and I can not identify any errors. I have tried Firefox, Chrome,
>> clearing my cache and private browsing.
>>
>> ... any ideas?
>>

> Are you running ruby 1.8.7? There are some issues when using ruby 1.8.7
> due to the way it handles Hashes. The tabs are loaded in a different order
> in this version and there are some dependencies among tabs that produce
> these errors..
>
> Could you try upgrading ruby to 1.9?
>
> We will fix this for the final release.
>
> Cheers

> Daniel Molina
> Project Engineer
> OpenNebula - The Open Source Solution for Data Center Virtualization
> www.OpenNebula.org | dmolina at opennebula.org | @OpenNebula

Jaime Melis
www.OpenNebula.org | jmelis at opennebula.org