[one-users] Sunstone buggy in RC 4.0

Tao Craig tao at leadmesh.com
Sat Apr 20 02:29:24 PDT 2013

Hi guys,

I was using ruby 1.8.7 -as that is the default when using yum with recent
versions of CentOS.

Here is how I fixed things for now (based on your advice):

wget http://pyyaml.org/download/libyaml/yaml-0.1.4.tar.gz
tar xzvf yaml-0.1.4.tar.gz
cd yaml-0.1.4
./configure --prefix=/usr/local
make
make install
wget http://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/1.9/ruby-1.9.3-p194.tar.gz
tar xvzf ruby-1.9.3-p194.tar.gz
cd ruby-1.9.3-p194
./configure
make
make install
wget http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/76073/rubygems-1.8.24.tgz
tar xvzf rubygems-1.8.24.tgz
cd rubygems-1.8.24
/usr/local/bin/ruby setup.rb
gem install sinatra

... and now Sunstone behaves as expected. I haven't tested everything yet,
but this is a huge improvement.

Thanks again!