[one-users] sunstone in 3.9.90

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Sat Apr 20 01:47:00 PDT 2013

On 20 April 2013 01:37, Alexandre Bezroutchko <abb at gremwell.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Similarly to Tao Crain, I also have problems with Sunstone in 3.9.90,
> here is my story.
>
> I try it on fresh install of Debian Squeeze, installed from
> Debian-6.0.7-opennebula-3.9.90.tar.gz tarball. When I log as oneadmin
> there are not tabs under 'Infrastructure', no 'System' tab at all, etc.
>
> In settings I see language set to 'Catalonian' and while there is a
> choice of other languages when I try to change it has no effect. GUI is
> actually in English anyway.
>
> In settings in "view" I only see "user", there is no "admin". I have
> found only one way to see (part of) 'admin' interface -- edit
> /etc/one/sunstone-views.yaml and add 'admin' to the default section. But
> even then, only 'Host' appears under 'Infrastructure' and 'Groups' and
> 'ACLs' under System (no 'Users').
>
> There still no way to do anything with images or templates via GUI. I
> can download an image from the marketplace, and 'oneimage list' shows it
> is there, but there is nowhere to see it the GUI.
>
> I checked the list of open bugs for 4.0 and find nothing similar. I've
> tried to install from sources from git (release-4.0-rc tag) -- still
> does not work.
> Can anyone please tell me if there is any way to resolve these issues in
> the immediate future? Otherwise Sunstone don't seem to be usable at all.

Are you running ruby 1.8.7? There are some issues when using ruby 1.8.7 due
to the way it handles Hashes. The tabs are loaded in a different order in
this version and there are some dependencies among tabs that produce these
errors..

Could you try upgrading ruby to 1.9?

We will fix this for the final release.

Cheers