[one-users] After onehost enable: host in "init" state and not immediately usable

Michael Berlin michael.berlin.xtreemfs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 04:44:28 PDT 2013

Hi,

We run OpenNebula 3.8.3 among several other services on our internal
cluster and we want to be able to dynamically enable and disable hosts
in OpenNebula.

OpenNebula allows this with the "onehost disable <host>" and "onehost
enable <host>" commands. However, after enabling it takes too long until
VMs are scheduled to this host. One reason is that the host is stuck in
the "init" state after it is enabled (seen in the output of "onehost
list") until the monitoring runs again.

As a work-around we reduced the HOST_MONITORING_INTERVAL from 600 to 30
seconds. Is there another way to make an enabled host immediately available?

The same problem arises with the scheduler: VMs are not scheduled until
the scheduler's interval is up and it runs again. Is there a way to tell
the scheduler to run immediately?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Michael