[one-users] After onehost enable: host in "init" state and not immediately usable

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Fri Apr 5 15:55:48 PDT 2013

Hi Michael,

You email, describes the current behavior of OpenNebula. I'm afraid
that currently the only way to tune this behavior is through the
timers. I've opened a ticket to implement this feature:

http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1868

Probably it should be a good idea to trigger a monitor action when you
enabled a host.

Thanks for your feedback

Ruben

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Michael Berlin
<michael.berlin.xtreemfs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We run OpenNebula 3.8.3 among several other services on our internal cluster
> and we want to be able to dynamically enable and disable hosts in
> OpenNebula.
>
> OpenNebula allows this with the "onehost disable <host>" and "onehost enable
> <host>" commands. However, after enabling it takes too long until VMs are
> scheduled to this host. One reason is that the host is stuck in the "init"
> state after it is enabled (seen in the output of "onehost list") until the
> monitoring runs again.
>
> As a work-around we reduced the HOST_MONITORING_INTERVAL from 600 to 30
> seconds. Is there another way to make an enabled host immediately available?
>
> The same problem arises with the scheduler: VMs are not scheduled until the
> scheduler's interval is up and it runs again. Is there a way to tell the
> scheduler to run immediately?
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael