[one-users] Opennebula response time increasing

Christoph Robbert chrobbert at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 4 04:25:29 PDT 2012

Hello,

i use MySQL as Database. I query Opennebula from python via pyoca[1].
But i registered the same effect using the command "onevm list".

The effect depend also on the number of running VMs, but i run only at
maximum 30 VMs. The effect starts at round about 6 VMs. Usually the time
increases to round about one or two seconds. But suddenly it response
very slow >>>60 seconds or didn't answer.

Also the creation of a new VM getting stucked (response time also
increases to over 60 seconds).

Sometimes the time increases to round about 240 seconds for one call.
Then the next call takes about one or two seconds.

I couldn't see an xml-rpc request in the oned.log because my gui wait
until the last xml-rpc request is finished.

I profile every part of my code with time measurements and traced it
down to the xml-rpc requests to opennebula.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Christoph Robbert

[1] https://github.com/lukaszo/python-oca